Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013

Twelve days in, and off to a great start!  Gary and I have several active vacations already planned and looking forward to more getaways!

February- austin livestrong half...


In March we will be heading to Lexington for the Bluegrass Half Marathon, and then the fun begins...
the Great Lakes Trail Series and the WORS races begin. The Great Lakes is a series of trail runs in Wisconsin and Michigan, and the WORS is the mountain bike race series in Wisconsin.  They are both long seasons, we are not sure which races we will do, but at least two of each!



Our SPECTACULAR active vacation is set for June...

Yes, you guessed it, Seattle, however, not just Seattle.  It will be a whirlwind trip around Washington State of mountains, national parks, adventure, a half marathon, a baseball game, the Pacific Coast, probably some craft beer and wine, boutique hotels, exploring cities and towns...  


I am obsessed with Mt. Ranier, however, I believe the highlight of the trip will be what we have planned in the San Juan Islands (yes, look up the San Juan Islands, Washington.)  Kayaking, hiking, biking, whale watching, inns... I haven't been there yet, but I already love the quaintness...



The summer continues... we will be getting into cyclocross- (we have to because we bought two really nice cyclocross bikes.:)  It's a 'cross' between mountain biking and cross country, hence, running and biking off road, but not as intense as mountain biking, something we can do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

One of the most important aspects of 2013 is for me to get back into competitive tennis.  I'm playing all of the time, but I really miss the competitive aspect... 



2013 will all come together as it should... who knows what will happen, but I'm happy we have so many activities to look forward to already.  I have other endeavors on the list:  learning how to play the guitar, taking a photography class, possibly an art class... who knows.  I'm just looking forward to a happy, healthy, and exploratory new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment